2019 Student Travel Awards
With support from industry sponsorships, HOTI 2019 will offer several travel awards for graduate students to attend the conference.
The award can be applied toward covering air travel, hotel accommodations and early registration fees.
Travel award applications due: May 21, 2019
Travel award announcements: June 1, 2019
Students are encouraged to apply much before the deadline as funds might be exhausted.
- If the applicant's decision to attend the conference solely depends on the travel award, the applicant is advised to wait for
the award notification prior to making any final travel arrangements.
- Students will receive the award funds as reimbursement for costs incurred while attending the conference, up to the award-specified
amount. Students should plan to be able to cover those expenses themselves, and submit receipts for reimbursement after the conference.
To be eligible for a travel award, a student must be enrolled as a full time student in a graduate program at the time of the conference.
It is not required that a student be an author of an accepted paper, however the student's research area must be aligned with the technical
topics covered by HOTI. The award recipients must attend HOTI'19 in order to receive the award.
To apply for a travel award from HOTI'19 applicants must send an email to email@example.com by the application deadline with a subject
line [Your-Last-Name, Your-First-Name], and include the following information:
Student applicants also need to ask their direct thesis/research advisor to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "Student Travel Status Confirmation
for [Your Last Name, Your First Name]", stating that you are a full-time student pursuing Ph.D. or M.S. research in the areas covered by HOTI. It is the applicant's
responsibility to ensure that the advisor sends the email before the deadline.
We will do our best to notify you about the status of your application before the conference early registration deadline. Note that award decisions will be made
based on funding availability.
- summary of the ways in which attending HOTI will benefit your research;
- a budget regarding the HOTI travel costs for which you're seeking support, and
- a description of any other sources of support you may have for attending HotI.
COPYRIGHT ©2019 HOT INTERCONNECTS